DOCUMENTS, RESERVATION AND DEPOSIT
1) It is necessary to present an identification document in order to carry out the contract, as well as the approved nautical qualification required to pilot the boat you wish to rent. In the case of a foreign certificate, it will always be valid if we can check its validity in the lists of homologations by countries in our offices.
2) The reservation will be confirmed and guaranteed by the payment of 40% of the total rental through our website. The remaining 60% of the rental price will be paid before boarding.
3) The deposit will be used to cover damage, damage and loss caused to the boat and its equipment, as well as any loss of profit that may occur during the subsequent rental period.
4) The deposit must be paid before boarding, either by credit card, debit card or cash. The deposit will be returned at the end of the rental day when PALAMÓS BOATS S.L. staff has confirmed that the boat is in the same condition as it was delivered, according to the inventory signed by both parties at the time of delivery. In case of loss, damage, delay in the delivery of the boat, damage or loss the return of the deposit will be delayed until the time when the lessor has a budget in it specifying the cost of repairing the boat or replacing the material.
5) The deposit does not constitute in any case a limitation on the liability of the hirer since he will be liable for any damages that may cause the lessor in the performance of its obligations.
1) All boats are covered by a third-party insurance policy, which covers material and physical damage you may cause to a third party, within the terms of that policy, a copy of which is on board.
2) Palamós Boats S.L. includes a comprehensive insurance that covers damage to third parties, physical damage of the crew and material damage of the boat rented with excess provided that these are not caused by negligence or misuse of the boat. The comprehensive insurance does NOT cover damage to the propeller, the hull, or the loss of material such as anchor, rope and chain, boat, vests, cushions, etc. or damage caused by negligence or misuse of the boat, or the loss of profit from subsequent rentals. In case of these cases PALAMÓS BOATS S.L. will keep the entire deposit deposited.
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES
1) No weather changes will be made until the day of rental.
2) In case of bad weather, the reservation made will not be returned, the day of rental will be changed, or a voucher will be issued with a year of validity so that you can take advantage of the amount invested any other day in the period of one year. The employees of Palamós Boats S.L. will inform you of the weather conditions and advise you on the possibility of sailing. If you decide not to leave even if the verdict of the staff is positive, Palamós Boats S.L. will not be responsible for your decision.
3) If you cannot go sailing due to a personal problem, Palamós Boats S.L. will not be responsible for it, therefore the money will not be returned, nor will it be changed on the day of the rental.
4) Any change in the reservation must be made at least 7 days in advance by contacting by e-mail to email@example.com.
DELIVERY AND RETURN OF THE BOAT
1) The boat will be delivered to the lessee in Port Marina de Palamós. The personnel of Palamós Boats S.L. will give you the boat and will explain and advise you about the operation and all its accessories.
2) The boat will be delivered with water tanks, fuel tanks full, the hirer agrees to return it equally full. In the event that the renter does not return the full tank of gasoline, must pay the missing liters and pay a penalty of 25 € in return for the time invested by employees of Palamós Boats S.L. to fill the tank.
3) At the time of delivery will sign an inventory sheet that will include the damage to the boat, all the material it carries and fuel. It must be signed by both parties and will serve to check the condition of the boat at the time of return. Please pay attention during this process.
4) The delay in the removal of the boat by the hirer, for cause attributable to it, will not determine the extension of the term of the lease. Similarly, if weather or similar circumstances will force to delay the departure of the hirer, does not entitle to reduction of the agreed price or extension of the term of the contract, which will end on the scheduled day.
5) Unless otherwise indicated in the particular conditions, the boat must be returned by the hirer in the same port of delivery, within the time indicated. If the return is made later than the stipulated time, an amount of 100 € per hour of delay (or proportional part) will be charged.
6) Upon arrival, the boat will be inspected to check that it is complete, with all its equipment, without breakages, breakdowns and in a correct state of maintenance, in the same conditions in which it was delivered.
7) If after the review is found any damage or loss of items of inventory and equipment will be borne by the renter and the amount of the repair or replacement of the lost item, which may be deducted directly from the deposit.
OBLIGATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS ON BOAT CHARTERING
1) Under no circumstances may the contracted vessel exceed the maximum number of occupants indicated.
2) It is VERY IMPORTANT that the skipper and / or crew always have a telephone available to contact us in case of breakdown or change of climate. The Palamós Boats S.L. team must also be able to call you at any time to inform you of any unforeseen event that may arise.
3) The hirer will not be able to use the boat to take part in regattas and/or competitions, nor will he be able to use it for professional fishing, trade, transport or any economic activity.
4) It is permitted to bring animals on board, although this will be the responsibility of the customer for any damage to people or the boat itself, and also the cost of subsequent cleaning.
5) It is forbidden to tow other boats or allow them to be towed without the consent of Palamós Boats S.L., except in situations of flagrant emergency. The cost of salvage will be borne by the lessee, except in cases of mechanical breakdown that are not their responsibility.
6) The lessee must inform the lessor of any incident, accident, collision or breakdown during the rental period.
7) Small boats that are rented without license have a restricted navigation area. Palamós Boats S.L. recommends not to go out since these boats are small and of little power, in case of bad weather or sudden change of climatology can cause problems and affect their safety. If you decide to leave anyway, Palamós Boats S.L. reminds you of the following points:
7.1) That in case of need of towing the boat will be charged the amount stipulated to perform the rescue manoeuvre, and there is no guarantee of availability at the time the service is needed.
7.2) That it is the total responsibility of the skipper to move away from the area considered restricted (previously marked on the nautical chart delivered).
8) Palamós Boats S.L. will provide a RENTAL CONTRACT document that you must sign, and these RENTAL CONDITIONS will be accepted.
9) The mooring in the base port will not suppose any additional cost during the period of its rent, also will be included all its services (water, electricity, baths and showers). It is not obligatory that the boat remains in the base port, if you decide to change port during the rental will be responsible for all costs involved.
10)Palamós Boats S.L. will not be responsible for the loss or damage of personal objects that are on the boat. We advise you to take them well protected and to be able to be in watertight bags to avoid that they get wet, remember that it is a boat and exists the possibility that they can get wet.
1) Palamós Boats S.L. offers the PATRON service for all its boats. It is necessary to notify at the same time of the reservation so that Palamós Boats S.L. can contact the skipper and confirm availability. The price of the skipper can vary depending on the boat and season, you can check on our website, our offices or by phone.
2) In our offices you can hire any of the extras we offer to complete your day’s rental (skis, wakeboards, donuts, extra refrigerators, etc.).
The two signatories of this contract state that, in case of litigation, they are submitted to the courts of the city of Barcelona.
The English language version of this contract is a commercial translation of the original in Catalan. Therefore, in case of litigation, only the text in Catalan is legally binding and effective.